Pages

Thursday, July 22, 2010

Another Day with Surfer DAD


-SURFER DAD





Meet Parker, My BOY. He's just about 4 months old and I'm loving everyday. Lately i've been blessed with being able to spend a lot of time with him as i finish school and start a new career. We wake up every morning together at about 7 and take a shower, which he loves and needs. LOL! We go down stairs and i usually read him a book , let him watch a surf video, or just play with him. He'll eat his bottle and go back to bed at around 9 to take a little nap and give me a chance to get some work done in the garage. See i run a ding repair business out of the garage and balance being a stay at home DAD, surfboard maker/repair dude, student, and starting a career in medicine is not easy. I can't wait to get back to a normal job with one set schedule. When He wakes up, i have to run upstairs, change, and get all the dust off me before i can even pick him up. Its a race to say the least. Its amazing to me how good of a baby he is. He hardly ever cries and hes always smiling and laughing. Ive been doing everything i can to introduce him to the water in a positive way and we have taken him to the beach a few times. But, this weekend was his first "official" all day-er. He loved it, he was grabbing sand, and digging his feet into the waterline. When he was in his chair he starred off into the ocean and seemed completely content. I got a good feeling he's gonna love the ocean. I must say it's weird not having all the freedoms i did before Parker came, but to be honest, i was actually kind of getting bored in my life and i think this baby was just the bump start i needed to get my priorities in order. Everyone always wonders how hard it is? How do i deal with the late night feedings and all the poop! Well ill tell ya, I got a great wife!!!! And to be honest we love it. Yea it sucks to get up throughout the night and it's hard to just drop everything. But ive been there... done that and I'm comfortable being with my family everyday. Today is no different. I just put Parker down for his afternoon nap. I got the dishes done for the wifey and cleaned the living room. I spent all morning doing work, so now I'm writing and it's a really nice day. The silence of the house is so soothing and the birds occasionally chirping outside reminds me that things are just how they should be. There's a big south swell in the water right now. I know that's a little random, but that's what I'm thinking about. I cant believe how big hes getting. I'm watching him sleep right now and i cant believe he's barley 4 months old and wearing 12month old clothes. Just like his daddy, for sure. Anyway I'm off to finish shaping this weird point break,egg board experiment i got cooking in the garage. i gotta get this thing done before winter and at the rate I'm going ill be lucky if i do. Got my Baby-com on my hip so i can hear him, some pennywise (very Quietly) ROCKING in the background, and my shaping hands ready. Peace out.

No comments:

Post a Comment