Pages

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

First off









WHO Me? Aaron Wright, I'm a nice guy. i think! and yea i've been around the block a few times, learned a few things the hard way, broke a few cars, hitch hiked across California, probably lived on your couch and definitely had to get bailed out by dad more than just few times. But hey! F@#k it! i had a hell of a ride. Made a few friends and broke a few hearts, but for the most part i think i did alright.


I got tons of great surf at some of the best spots on earth. I've snowboarded the freshest powder at the most beautiful mountains. I've Ridin' glassy warm lakes on my wake skate and i have literally driven everywhere across this great country. I've dedicated my life to board sports until now. About 4 years ago somethin happened to me that would change my life forever. I fell in love......

I had my eye on her for some time and never really thought i could get her. She was a prize. She was very intelligent, creative and had a confidence about her that just blew me away. She was definitely everything i ever wanted in a girl, and to top it all off, she was drop dead gorgeous. So, of course, the street signs started steering me in a new direction. We lived in Northern California for a long time as she finished school and i explored the rugged North West coast.

Along the way, our love became invincible, we built a trust and friendship like I've never had, and a love that i knew was strong as oak. I loved having my girl around so much that i got lost in my little world either surfing by myself or hanging with my lady. I was loving life. in early March 2008 i decided it was time. During a trip to Hawaii for my birthday i proposed to her on the beach in Waikiki. She said yes and Ive had the confidence of a lion ever since. We were married august 1st in Beverly hills and were on our way to the life of our dreams.

Not long after came our first child, Parker Osten Wright. The light of our life, a blessing from god, and hands down the cutest damn thing i have ever scene. My life has become a whirl wind, i used to surf everyday and now i surf once a week if I'm lucky, but i find that i get more enjoyment from the little things.


I'm making my own boards in the garage now and spending time changing my career from surfing to medicine. I just finished Medical assistant training and am working for Kaiser permente in the valley. My life has changed, Now im a
simple man with a family and I'm loving it. Its tough trying to be a surfer and a dad, but just like my dad did... You make it work. I'm sure as he gets older he'll share my love for the ocean but until then its daddy day care. All the trials and tribulations of being a first time father I'm taking head on. The late night feedings, the diapers, the crying, the love, i got it all and a beautiful wife to share it with. Life has been fun and exciting. so I'm here to share it with ya, HERE'S THE FIRST ENTRY IN MY STORY AS A SURFER DAD.



3 comments:

  1. I love this and I love you (and that gorgeous family of yours). So happy to ride the wave with you... xoxoxo Lacey

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great blog, cuz. You lead a very blessed life and it is awesome that you realize that now when it means the most. Looking forward to more entries.

    - John II

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this!

    <3
    Mary & Lukas!

    ReplyDelete